da Vinci Robot
The Latest Surgical Technology
A da Vinci Robot is being used in some surgical procedures, including bariatric surgery at the Health Center.
“We’re committed to providing the best possible care and helping the community stay healthy and heal faster through minimally invasive robotic surgery. Behind the advanced surgical robot is a team of highly trained surgeons and dedicated healthcare professionals,” explained President and CEO Kim Uphoff.
Robotic surgery has many advantages for appropriate patients:
- Smaller incisions
- Reduced recovery times
- 100 percent control of the robotic-assisted system, which translates the doctor's hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body.
- 3D-HD vision system that provides surgeons a highly magnified view (up to 10X), virtually extending their eyes and hands.
When recommended by your surgeon, the da Vinci surgical system can be used for these procedures:
- Colorectal (colon resection, colorectal surgery)
- General surgery (hernia repair, gallbladder surgery)
- Gynecology (hysterectomy for endometriosis, cancer, fibroid resection, and ovarian cystectomy)
- Thoracic (lung resection for cancer)
- Urology (kidney surgery/nephrectomy and prostatectomy for cancer)
Patients will experience little-to-no visible scaring, less pain and faster recovery. These advancements in innovative surgical care are now available close to home for Sarah Bush Lincoln patients.